food and wine
3 day Harvest to Plate retreat
2019 - 26th to 29th September
September is a beautiful month to visit Abruzzo, not only for the warm temperature and beautiful sunsets over the mountains, but it is a busy time for harvest.
Fern has created a special retreat to immerse you into harvest time. A time in Italy that you can feel every household is busy picking the last of the vegetables, and packing, storing, pickling them up ready to be used over the winter. Fern has a small vegetable garden at fireflies and figs and will demonstrate some of the fantastic rituals she has experienced by living there over the last few years combined with her passion for food. She will also introduce you to local experts in their food and wine and take you on a small journey through the valley of Caprafico where fireflies and figs resides.
What to expect
- A relaxing weekend learning about simple Italian cookery methods.
- Cookery lessons, mixed with relaxing feasts and harvesting produce.
- Discover local traditions in Abruzzo.
- Making pestos, pizza and pasta taste delicious
- Tasting olive oil and wine from local producers
- Learn from local producers.
Prices start from £545 per person
Yurts or double room all with en-suite