food and wine
3 day Harvest to Plate retreat
2020 - 24th to 27th September
September is a beautiful month to visit Abruzzo, not only for the warm temperature and beautiful sunsets over the mountains, but it is a busy time for harvest.
Fern has created a special retreat to immerse you into harvest time. A time in Italy that you can feel every household is busy picking the last of the vegetables, and packing, storing, pickling them, ready to be used over the winter. A fantastic sustainable treat. Fern runs a small vegetable garden at the heart of fireflies and figs and will demonstrate some of the fantastic rituals she has experienced by living there over the last ten years combined with her passion for food. She will also introduce you to local experts in their food and wine and take you on a small journey through the valley of Caprafico where fireflies and figs resides.
What to expect
- A relaxing weekend learning about simple Italian cookery methods and sustainability.
- Cookery lessons, mixed with relaxing feasts and harvesting produce.
- Discover local traditions in Abruzzo.
- Making pestos, pizza and pasta taste delicious
- Experience a 12 course fish supper on a fishing getty out at sea
- Tasting olive oil and wine from local producers
- Learn from local producers.
Prices start from £595 per person
Yurts or double room all with en-suite